Making green energy upgrades affordable for your customers.
Offer your customers one of the easiest and most affordable ways to finance smart energy upgrades. We provide progress payments that will ease your working capital concerns. You’ll grow your business, generate more cash flow, and help your community, all at the same time.
Help Your Customers Finance Their Next Energy Project
Smart-E Loans offer no money down, low-interest financing with flexible terms to help you upgrade your home’s energy performance. Almost any home improvement project that reduces energy use and lowers costs may qualify. And applying through a local lender is as easy as child’s play.
Interested in becoming an eligible contractor for Smart-E? Join us for a 40-minute webinar training, Fridays at 9AM! Request an invitation by emailing email@example.com.
To be eligible you must:
- Attend at least one Smart-E training
- Be properly licensed and insured
- Have no negative Better Business Bureau rating
Click the link below to login to the Smart-E Contractor Portal.
Residential Solar Investment Program (RSIP)
Help Your Customers Make a Smart Solar Energy Investment in their Homes
The Residential Solar Investment Program offers two incentive structures to help Connecticut homeowners go solar:
- The Expected Performance-Based Buydown incentive (EPBB) (Rebate) is available to homeowners choosing to purchase a PV system from an Eligible Contractor. With EPBB, the Contractor presents the rebate as an upfront cost reduction to the customer and is reimbursed by the Green Bank upon completion of the project.
- The Performance-Based Incentive (PBI) is designed to allow homeowners to benefit from solar PV systems for little to no upfront cost. With PBI, an Eligible Third-Party PV System Owner owns the system and enters into a contract with the homeowner. The PBI is paid to the System Owner based on actual performance over the course of 6 years, and is used to reduce the homeowner’s monthly cost. There is also a low-to-moderate income (LMI) version of the PBI for homeowners making 100% of area median income or lower.
Interested in becoming an Eligible Contractor or Eligible Third-Party PV System Owner in the Residential Solar Investment Program? Review the materials below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LMI PBI Incentive Materials – in order to offer this incentive to your customers you must respond to this separate RFQ
Multifamily Energy Financing Programs
The Connecticut Green Bank has a variety of programs that help multifamily owners save money on operating costs, reduce energy costs, and improve the living environment for their tenants.
Through our programs, multifamily contractors like you can grow your business by closing more projects, whether it is through pre-development loans for owners, or permanent financing.
Working Capital is a line of credit secured by ongoing cash flow, project finance, and accounts receivable (your customers).
Connecticut Green Bank’s Working Capital program
Borrow up to 50% of project costs for Connecticut Green Bank program projects.
- Any Smart-E or CT Solar Lease eligible contractors can apply
- Interest rate = Webster Bank Prime Rate + 2%, floating (today = 5.25%)
- Webster Bank will confirm project with Connecticut Green Bank
- Contact Frank Mac Hugh, VP of Business Banking at (860) 692-1607 or email@example.com
- Any Smart-E Loan eligible contractors can apply
- Contact Joe Giaccone, Sr. Relationship Manager for Business Banking at (203) 225 -5863 or firstname.lastname@example.org